Directions from Train Stations
From Main InterCity Rail Services
There are two main train stations in Dublin: Connolly & Heuston and these are linked together by LUAS and bus services.
- Heuston Station has trains to and from to Ballina, Westport, Galway, Limerick, Tralee, Cork, Waterford, Portlaoise and Kildare.
- Connolly Station has trains to/from Belfast, Sligo, Dundalk, Kildare, Longford and Rosslare Europort.
The RDS is linked to the train stations by the DART at Connolly Station. Connolly Station also has bus connections, DART and LUAS terminals. For full details see our Access Guide.
Connolly Station is linked by the DART service to Lansdowne Station and Sandymount Station both of which are approximately a 5 minute walk from the RDS.
From Local Train Lines (DART Service)
The DART line is located in close proximity to the RDS. The closest DART station to the RDS is Sandymount station.
Directions on foot from the Sandymount Dart Station:
- Follow the Exit signs and turn right onto Sandymount Avenue
- Continue until you reach the traffic lights (the Clayton Hotel and the InterContinental Hotel will be directly in front of you)
- For the RDS Main Complex turn right onto Merrion Road and the Main Complex is situated on the left hand side (Merrion Road).
- For the Simmonscourt Complex continue straight ahead at the crossroads for 280m, passing The Clayton Hotel on your left:. The Simmonscourt Complex is on the left hand side after the office buildings.
LUAS - Dublin Light Rail
There is no direct route by the LUAS to the RDS. However, the LUAS connects to the DART system that passes by the RDS at Connolly Station. Trinity College or Dawson Street LUAS stops are approximately a 30 minute walk from the RDS.