Applying to the RDS Primary Science Fair
The Call for Entries for the Belfast Fair is open and will now close on Friday, February 23. The 'Call for Entries' for the 2019 Dublin and Limerick Fairs will open in September 2018.
- Call for Entries - Timeline and Application Form
- Class Project Planning Framework
- Key Information & Links
- When & Where
- Contact Us
1. Call for Entries - Belfast Fair - Timeline and Application Form
- Opens: Wednesday, January 17, 2018
- Deadline: Friday, February 23, 2018
- Eligibility: Open to all Key Stage 2 (NI) and 4th, 5th and 6th (ROI) classes interested to participate in the Belfast Fair
- Submit your Project Application
Allocation of Projects
Schools who submit an expression of interest to participate in the Fair will be notified by the end of February 2018. Please note that irrespective of whether the application was made as part of the September or January 'Call for Entries' all applicants will be considered on an equal basis.
2. Class Project Planning Framework
We strongly recommend that teachers use the RDS Primary Science Fair Class Project Planning Framework in class to lead pupils in thinking about the steps necessary for their project and to ensure a focus on skills development. This framework aligns with the objectives of NI and ROI primary curriculum with reference to TSPC (NI) and SESE (ROI) and provides a basis for:
Class Planning - to identify the overall approach to the investigation and to plan what to do with the evidence/information gathered
Call for Entries - the online form to be completed by schools who are interested in participating in the Fair
Project Allocation - stands are allocated to schools based on the information provided in the online form. Unfortunately, we are not in a position to offer every school a project stand at the Fair but endeavour to give every school an equal opportunity to participate
Judges’ Feedback - the Fair is non-competitive, but constructive feedback is provided to pupils and their teachers following discussion of the project with a Judge at the Fair. All participating schools will also be presented with a school trophy and pupil certificates of participation
3. Key Information & Links
Please consult Information for Teachers for answers to the most frequently asked questions.
ROI curriculum links: SESE, Science, Maths
NI curriculum links: World Around Us, Thinking Skills & Personal Capabilities
SEN Curriculum Resources from SESS and CCEA
4. When & Where
The 2018 RDS Primary Science Fair will take place in:
- RDS, Dublin - January 11-13
- Mary Immaculate College, Limerick - January 18-20
- Belfast Waterfront, Belfast - June 6-7
5. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone: 0345 2661897 (NI) or +353 (0)1 240 7990 (ROI).