- The Royal Dublin Society site is WCAG AA approved, complying with all priority 2 guidelines of the W3C Web Content Accessibility Guidelines. (http://www.w3.org/WAI/). All manual checks have been tested and verified.
- All pages on this site comply with the Irish National Disability Authority IT Accessibility Guidelines. (http://accessit.nda.ie/)
- All pages on this site are Section 508 approved, complying with all of the U.S. Federal Government Section 508 Guidelines. (http://www.section508.gov/)
- All pages on this site validate as XHTML 1.0 Transitional
- All pages on this site validate as CSS Level 2.1
- All pages on this site use structured semantic markup. H1 tags are used for main titles, H2 tags for subtitles.
NOTE: We try to make sure that our website meets the highest standard of accessibility. If you have any difficulties, please contact us.
All content images used in this site include descriptive ALT or LONGDESC tag. Purely decorative graphics include null ALT attributes.
- This site uses cascading style sheets for visual layout.
- This site uses only relative font sizes, compatible with the user-specified "text size" option in visual browsers.
- W3 accessibility guidelines, which explains the reasons behind each guideline.
- W3 accessibility techniques, which explains how to implement each guideline.
- W3 accessibility checklist, a busy developer's guide to accessibility.
- Irish National Disability Authority IT accessibility guidelines.
- JAWS, a screen reader for Windows. A time-limited, downloadable demo is available.
- Home Page Reader, a screen reader for Windows. A downloadable demo is available.
- Lynx, a free text-only web browser for blind users with refreshable Braille displays.
- Links, a free text-only web browser for visual users with low bandwidth.
The browsers recommended for optimum use of this site are as follows:
- Internet Explorer 6.0 upwards.
- Firefox 2.0 upwards.
- Safari 4.0 upwards.