This Competition is open to all full and part-time registered students of art colleges in Ireland. Entrants can also enter the RDS National Crafts Competition should they meet the terms and conditions of the Competition.
Before applying, please ensure:
- Please do not use fadas in your application as this will render your application blank.
- You have read the terms and conditions of entry first. Check the information relating to eligibility and conditions relating to each award.
- You have your Affirmation Form, signed by your college, ready to upload.
- You are submitting a maximum of two entries. Please note that an entry is a stand alone work or a series of related works.
- All contact details and details relating to your artwork are correct (including dimensions, medium and description), as if chosen for exhibition, this information will be used for publicity material. We recommend that you prepare the information you want to submit in a word document prior to filling in the online application form. This helps to avoid mistakes.
- To ensure consistency across the exhibition catalogue, please write about the work rather than about yourself. Describe the design, materials, techniques used and inspiration for the work. Keep it simple and avoid the use of jargon. The RDS reserves the right to edit this text if required.
- All images submitted are in the correct format and size (maximum 1 MB). Incorrect or corrupt images will not be accepted.
- You have your payment type ready (Visa, Laser, Mastercard).
When you have completed your online application form you will receive a confirmation email within 24 hours with all the information that you submitted. If you do not receive an email please contact the Arts Department immediately.
COMPETITION NOW ON! Enter the RDS Student Art Awards and email email@example.com with your entry number and contact details before May 30th and be in with a chance of winning a €500 voucher for art supplies from O'Sullivan Graphics! See the RDS Facebook for full details.
€10 per entry (Maximum of two entries per student. An entry is defined as one piece of work or a series from the same body of work.)
Important dates for the Awards:
Deadline: June 13 at 5.00 pm
Delivery of Entries - Dublin: June 20, 21 & 24
Delivery of Entries - Regional Colleges: Dates and times TBC
Collection of unsuccessful entries entered in Dublin: July 1 & 2
Awards Prize-giving: July 31
Exhibition open to the public: August 2 (entry free of charge)
Exhibition opens during the Dublin Horse Show: August 7-11* (entry fee applies)
RDS Student Art Awards Travelling Exhibition: September to October.
For further information, please contact:
Ms Dara O'Leary
RDS Foundation Department
Tel: +353 (0)1 240 7255