Directions from Train Stations
From Main Train Lines
Dublin DART (Dublin Area Rapid Transport) service operates from the City Centre to Ballsbridge. There are two main train stations in Dublin: Connolly & Heuston.
Lansdowne Station and Sandymount Station are approximately a 5 minute walk from the RDS.
- You can connect to the DART (Dublin Area Rapid Transit) directly from Connolly station to Ballsbridge (Sandymount DART Station).
- You can connect to the Luas directly at Heuston station and transfer to the DART at Connolly station to Ballsbridge (Sandymount DART Station).
From Local Train Lines
The DART line is located in close proximity to the RDS. The closest DART station to the RDS is Sandymount station.
Directions on foot from the Sandymount Dart Station:
- Follow the Exit signs and turn right onto Sandymount Avenue
- Continue until you reach the traffic lights (the Clayton Hotel and the InterContinental Hotel will be directly in front of you)
- For the RDS Main Complex then turn right onto Merrion Road and the Main Complex is situated on the left hand side (Merrion Road).
- For the Simmonscourt Complex continue straight ahead from the traffic lights at the crossroads, passing Bewleys on your left: the Simmonscourt Complex is on the left hand side after the office buildings.
Irish Rail - Iarnród Éireann
InterCity Rail services run from 2 different Dublin stations: Heuston Station and Connolly Station. The Luas Red Line links the two stations door to door.
- Heuston Station has trains to and from to Ballina, Westport, Galway, Limerick, Tralee, Cork, Waterford, Portlaoise and Kildare.
- Connolly Station has trains to/from Belfast, Sligo, Dundalk, Kildare, Longford and Rosslare Europort.
The RDS is linked to the train stations by the Dart at Connolly Station. Connolly Station also has bus connections, DART and LUAS terminals.
LUAS - Dublin Light Rail
There is no direct route by the LUAS to the RDS. However, the LUAS connects to the DART system that passes by the RDS at Connolly Station. Connections to Heuston Station and National rail routes can then be reached through Connolly station.