Back to Support Our Work
The Statement of Guiding Principles for Fundraising is a guide to best practice developed by a steering group set up in response to the Charities Act 2009. Learn more about the Statement of Guiding Principles for Fundraising
RDS Statement of Compliance with the Guiding Principles for Fundraising
The RDS is fully committed to achieving the standards contained within the Statement of Guiding Principles for Fundraising.
The Statement exists to:
- Improve fundraising practice;
- Promote high levels of accountability and transparency by organisations fundraising from the public;
- Provide clarity and assurances to donors and prospective donors about the organisations they support;
- The RDS has considered the Statement and believe we meet the standards it sets out;
- The RDS reports on our fundraising activities are available in our most recent Annual Report.
RDS Fundraising Feedback and Complaints Procedure
We welcome your feedback on our performance via the following contact point:
Write to: Mr Michael Duffy, Chief Executive, RDS, Anglesea Road, Ballsbridge, Dublin 4, Ireland
Tel: (353 1) 668 0866 or Email: MichaelD@rds.ie
The RDS is open about whether those seeking donations on its behalf are volunteers, employees of the organisation or are third party agents. Anyone fundraising on behalf of the RDS must ensure that prospective donors are aware of their status, i.e. volunteers, employees or third party agents.